Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why do bad things happen in 3s?

rainbow in my back yard last weekend


Have you ever noticed sometimes bad things, like death, will occur in threes?

I was pondering that this week because we just had to put our 3rd pet to sleep last week. He was the third animal we brought with us to NZ three years ago. Our 3 American pets all died about a month apart one each month May - June - July. They were all different ages and in each case, it was just their time.

I'm pretty sure they didn't plan their own demise together like that.

But why all 3, in 3 months... after 3 years of living in NZ? (is the water funny here...?)

I've experience the weird "death X 3" thing before.

My mom has a big family and I have about 40 first cousins. So about 20 years ago, in about 6 year span, I attended 3 family funerals for 3 first cousins. 3 of my mom's brothers had each lost a child in car accidents within a few (3-6?) years of each other.

Weird, huh?

Oh, yea: remember Patrick Swaze, Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett all died within about 3-4 few months of each other?

So what is the deal-io? If the devil's sign is "666", is death's sign "333"?

There have been 3 "Final Destination" movies made - more evidence?

Sorry... I'm off on a tangent now... but this year: Mr. death X 3 happened to me again and it is a bit freaky.

Have you ever experienced "bad things" (like deaths or other sadnesses) X 3 in your life? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment